Third annual project meeting, during Tropentag
We will hold our third annual project meeting on September 16 in conjunction with the German Tropentag (Conference on Tropical and Subtropical Agricultural and Natural Resource Management), which takes place at Hohenheim University in Stuttgart-Hohenheim Sep 17-19.
The following project papers and posters will be presented during the conference:
- Noora-Lisa Aberman (Women's Engagement in Climate Change Adaptation: Perceptions of Power and Knowledge in Western Kenya, poster presentation)
- Aiveen Donnelly (Potential for Group-Based Approaches to Enhance Security of Assets for Women to Manage Risk under Climate Change: A Participatory Rural Appraisal in Ethiopia, oral presentation)
- Silke Jolowicz (Rehabilitating Communal Assets in Rural Ethiopia - Governance Challenges and the Role of Women, poster)
- Chiara Kovarik (Gendered Differences in Climate Change Adaptation: Implications for Rural Agricultural Systems, oral presentation)
- Neha Kumar (Microinsurance Decisions: Evidence from Bangladesh, oral presentation)
- Marther Ngigi (Gender, assets and climate risk management in Kenya, poster)
- Agnes Quisumbing (Do Secure Land Rights for Women Encourage Conservation? The Medium-term Impacts of the Ethiopian Land Registration & Do Shocks Affect Men’s and Women’s Assets Differently? Evidence from Bangladesh and Uganda, oral presentation)
- Muntaha Rakib (Adaptation to Climate Change in Agriculture and Livestock – the Case of Bangladesh & Gender Differentiated Asset Dynamics in Bangladesh, poster)
- Helen Berga Paulos (Gender, Risk Preferences and Adaptation to climate change: Experimental evidence from Ethiopia)
Additional papers will be presented during the Sep 16 workshop and/or at an additional half-day meeting that will be identified after the Tropentag conference program is finalized.
The focus of this last project workshop is to identify key messages for the toolkit and outreach events that will take place during the last months of the project.